Powered By Blogger

Thursday, May 10, 2012

23 Things Project: Things 12 & 13 Wikis

It's Wiki time! Now wikis are more than just a way to explore odd topics like on Wikipedia. It is an easy way to get students involved in their own learning. I could see how a wiki could be an integral part of student learning once the teacher instructs students on the proper care and feeding of the wiki.

I checked out several class wikis as part of this 23 things project item. I found a variety of different wikis from the super simple to complex arrangements of class notes and more. It got me thinking about how would you use a wiki in the school library. I could see using a wiki for book club discussions and library program suggestions, maybe even library research. I need to explore this idea further, but not now...

I visited the Pasadena Librarians Wiki and dipped my toes in the sandbox. Okay, so I just put a link to my blog  in the Play in the Sandbox section, but still I finished that portion of the assignment. I'm still not sure if I like wikis because it is a little too easy to change things, plus everyone posts in different fonts and colors and that kinda bothers me -- not aesthetically pleasing to my eyes. I guess I am getting old.

Ta ta for now,
Debra

No comments:

Post a Comment