Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

23 Things Project: Thing 9 Technorati Tag

Tag...you're it. Searching the blogsphere is like playing "tag". Sometimes it's easy and you catch everything...other times it's real work, not a game. That's how I feel about trying to understand some of these tags people use. I feel the same way when I search databases. It like a game -- am I going to win today or not?

I searched Technorati for my favorite topic to read about -- knitting. I found 2919 blogs and 18 posts using the regular search box; and 0 blogs using the blog directory. This confused me. How can you have 2919 blogs, but only 18 posts; conversely, how can you have 2919 blogs and 0 blogs in the blog directory? Huh?

So, I searched again, this time using young adult literature as my search term. The results were 129 blogs, 7 posts, and again 0 blogs in the blog directory. Obviously, the blog directory doesn't like me. I concluded that Technorati and I don't really share the same interests. Next, I checked out the popular blog tags and found that if I wasn't really into all things techie or politics, maybe I should go home and try "tag" with someone else.

Tagging could be fun or it could be tedious. It's all in the mind of the tagger. Some people will never understand how the mind works to make connections, I know I don't when it comes to trying to understand how my daughter's mind makes connections. It's a big game, alright.

Play on!
Debra

No comments:

Post a Comment