Powered By Blogger

Saturday, May 12, 2012

23 Things Project: Thing 14 Microblogging

Microblogging...what an interesting term. Maybe I can remember that one more than tweeting. I talk to my daughter about Twitter but I also call it twittering. Needless to say, she loves correcting her mamma. "Tweeting" not "twittering" duh mom! So I joined the Twitter world at her insistence a while ago. Again, I am a lurker, not a poster.

I have learned about lots of great books and learned about new writers as well. I have two Twitter accounts -- one for my work interests (debrayocum) and one for my personal interests (dkyocum). I follow publishers and authors on my work account and knitters, Dr. Who people, and my family on my personal account. I like having my interests in separate accounts. I also have found that I like using my IPad to read the Twitter feeds more than my Droid phone. It is easier to switch between accounts that way.

My daughter shares all kind of weird tweets from her Twitter account with me. It makes for great drive to school conversations. She is also a huge Tumblr user. Tumblr is interesting to say the least. Some unusual stuff out there.

I never thought about setting up a Twitter account for my school's library, but it might be useful. I could see using it to send mini-updates on what's going on in the library. I could use it to showcase new books or highlight curriculum connections. I might just set one up now that I've thought about it.

Forward ho!
Debra

No comments:

Post a Comment