Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

23 Things Project: Thing 19 Nings

Today's post: cloudy with a chance of nings. Okay, so that's not what it means, but I had no clue what a ning was before this project started. I didn't know what half of these things were -- I'm learning. I've learned that a ning is like a virtual meet-up. It's a way to share thoughts, feelings, ideas, and best practices with others who are in your same profession. I signed up for the teacher librarian ning. It looked like it would have a lot of good information to explore.

I could see how a ning would be good for collaborating with other librarians, getting ideas for programming, touting your successes and asking for advice with less than perfect programs. It is a way to connect and build relationships with other people in your field. It's good to interact with people other than the ones you work with on a regular basis.

So, come on everybody, let's NING!
Debra

No comments:

Post a Comment