Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

23 Things Project: Thing 16 Podcasts and Vidcasts

Learning to create my own podcasts and vidcasts have been kicking around in the back of my mind for a while now. I listen to podcasts on a regular basis on my IPod. I keep up with my favorite knitters and what going on in the fiber world through podcasts. I learn about new books and new authors through podcasts. Podcasts are a fun way to pass time while I am pretending to exercise or while I am knitting on the couch. Podcasts are a great way to ignore the rest of the world for a while too, especially while sitting in waiting rooms.

For this 23 thing project item, I decided to create a vidcast showcasing the books on the middle school Gotta Keep Reading list of the next school year. I wrote some narration introducing the different books and added some music from my daughter's playlist.

I enjoyed creating the vidcast, but it was frustrating too because I had to learn the computer software first. Then I had to buy a microphone since I didn't have one at home. Next, after adding the narration, the software wouldn't play the background music, then it played the background music too loudly and you couldn't hear the narration. After a very frustrating couple of hours, I finished it. So where is the vidcast? It is lying dormant in the My Documents folder of my work computer and I'm finishing this post at home. Problem, no? Problem, yes!

I will post the vidcast tomorrow when I get to work. I hope you enjoy it.

Debra

Here is the vidcast:

No comments:

Post a Comment